12. Spaces are 45" wide. A monument and footing on a single space cannot exceed
45". (For example: a 31" granite monument, plus 7" wash on each side = 45")
13. All space sales will be verified by the Secretary before a deed is issued, and can
only be purchased from the Cemetery Board.
14. The Cemetery does not buy back spaces, but will sell them for you.
15. No driving on grounds because of unmarked burials and to prevent damage to
grounds, monuments, etc.
16. Those visiting the Cemetery or attending funerals may park only on the road.
17. Opening and closing graves and all other Cemetery work will be done during daylight hours only. All equipment will be removed from the Cemetery at the end of the day, except with approval.
18. No work other than grave opening/closing is allowed on Sundays, Holidays, or the Saturday-Sunday-Monday of the Memorial Day weekend.
19. Grave diggers, monument companies, and all others coming into the Cemetery will comply with all Rules and Regulations of the Harlan Cemetery.
20. Snowmobiles or large vehicles are not allowed without permission.
HARLAN CEMETERY ASSOCIATION
Lot size 30 feet. Half lot is
15 feet. 45 inches to the space. Head of the grave is to the West, foot to the East. Number 1 through 8 starting from the North
Articles of Incorporation: September 2,1872
By: Platt Wicks, H. C. Holcomb, M. H. Adams
First Board of Trustees:
H. S. Burke, James Long, George Couffer,
William Wyland & James Newby
Current Board of Trustees:
Don Stowe, President
Eldon Erickson, Secretary
Mickey Williams, Treasurer
Bill Early & Allan Ickes
Total Burials - 6,540
Spaces Sold - 10,300
Spaces for Sale - 2,000
Undeveloped Spaces - 3,200
Undeveloped Spaces on west hillside - unknown
Spaces not usable:
Trees, Bushes - 80
Water Lines - 30
Driveway Access - 80
Sun Dial - 24
Potters Field - 168
Current Fees on March 9, 2015:
Burial Space - $400
Open/Close Full Burial - $700
Oversize Full Burial - $850
Open/Close Infant or Ashes - $350
Ashes in approved monument - $350
Disinterment - $800
Transfer Deed - $25
Resell Spaces for owners - 20% of the sale price
Flat or Wet-set Markers - $125
Footings (plus cost of footing) - $0.05 sq. in.
Burial after 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays or on
permitted Sundays or Holidays (add to above
Burial Fees) - $150
Website design by Harlan Newspapers Printing © 2015 | Photos courtesy of Harlan Newspapers & Cemetery Assoc.